Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Well hello! I know it's been a while, like 3 months, but I have NEWS! I'm pregnant. Woot! We have been trying since Jan. and it finally happened.

I know this is supposed to be a weight loss blog for me, but I need to get this news out there, and we aren't telling anyone yet. I'm sure we'll be telling our parents in the next week or so, but right now it's killing me a little.

Here's our little journey up to today...

In January there were some major changes at my work and I knew that I would be moving from a full time 2 year temporary internship to a full-time. This was the one thing that S and I were waiting for before we wanted to start trying. For the first two months we didn't worry too much. Then I started to look into trying to conceive. In April we decided to start charting. I tried charting and temping, but didn't have much success with the temping part, because I didn't have a consistent morning schedule and it was making the temps inaccurate. Around this time we heard from one of our friend couples that they were pregnant, and that they had started trying in Jan. too and got pregnant that month. It was kinda a shot in the heart to hear how easy it was for them.

So, we kept charting and hoping that it would happen. I got pretty sick in August with mesentry lymphadentitis and it threw my cycle off. The doctors had originally thought that it was either an appendicitis or a burst ovarian cyst. Because of this, I had blood work and an ultrasound. Nothing like having the doctors confirm multiple times that you aren't pregnant when that's all you want to be! I figured that my next few cycles would be off, so I wasn't too worried about my chart, but we continued trying. I had a short cycle in August and wasn't too disappointed. Come Oct. I knew that I should be getting my period, but figured my cycle might be off still. On day 33 of my cycle I started to get suspicious and checked my chart. I was having some crampy feeling in my abdomen, but passed it off as leftover issues from the adentitis. It looked like there was a chance I'm might be pregnant though, so I decided to wait one more day and take a test.

I came home from work the next day, and couldn't wait to test. I took one test and saw a VERY faint second line. From having taken many a test, I knew that just because it was faint didn't mean that I wasn't pregnant- usually there was a devastating nothingness in the space where you hope for a second pink line. Well, I was freaking out, so I showed S and ran upstairs to take another one, in hopes that it would be darker. Um, yeah, it looked exactly the same. So S went to buy a digital test to easy our nerves and I hopped online to see what I could find about the second line being super faint.

I took the digital test after several hours, and it came back with a no! I was a little freaked out, but decided to retest with the second one in the morning so I would have FMU. When I woke up and took the test, it still said no! So I went out and bought 2 different brands of regular test and took one of each at work with SMU. The second pink line and the blue cross showed up! They were still faint, but definitely darker than the first time.

So, we decided that this was probably for real. SQUEEEE!!!! I tested again this morning with each brand of test, and while they still aren't super dark lines, both sets were darker than they were yesterday. I called and made my first appointment- it was really weird saying "I'm pregnant" out loud to someone other than my husband! I go in at 8 weeks, so 3 weeks from tomorrow. Yikes!

So, we're officially pregnant and ready to start this crazy journey! I hope to use this blog mostly to journal this experience, but also to share my experience with anyone who wants to listen and possibly to keep S's parents updated on any news, since they live 6 hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment