Well, I'm at week 5 today. At least until I have my appointment and see if they change my due date.
What's going on with me today? Well, I've been having some cramping (as I have for about 2 weeks now). This has been making me nervous, but as long as I don't have any spotting, I'm okay with it. I'm pretty tired- like considering laying down on my office floor for a quick nap tired. I've been going to bed as early as possible every night, which is basically unheard of for me. I've been eating breakfast every morning, but I an starving by 9:30! I don't really want to eat lunch at that time, so I'm planning to bring some snacks from now on. I think if I start eating soup or roast beef sandwiches everyday before 10:00 people are gong to start getting suspicious. Especially around my office, where if you sneeze the gossip mill starts about how you might be pregnant.
I definitely want to wait as long as possible to tell my work that I'm pregnant. I'll probably tell my work friends at 12 weeks (unless less I get morning sickness, then they might figure it out a little early!), and then tell the rest of work around 20 weeks. Waiting that long might be hard though!!!!
We are planning to tell our parents and siblings pretty soon. I wanted to feel a little more confident in this little poppy seed before I tell anyone, but I don't think we'll make it too much longer. Especially because any family gathering usually involves having some drinks and I will get called out if I'm not drinking. =) I know everyone is going to be very excited, and they might have a hard time keeping it a secret for the rest of the twelve weeks.
There are some things that I have been thinking about a lot. I want to make sure that this is as healthy pregnancy as it can be for me and the little guy. I want to get in some form of exercise everyday. Tuesdays and Thursdays I've already been hitting the gym, so I think I will just try to get in a long walk on the other days. You know, when I'm awake long enough! I also want to make sure I'm eating healthy and getting all the right nutrients. I tend to go a bit heavy on the sweets and eat fast food a little too much. So, while I by no means plan to cut all the "good stuff" out completely, I'm aiming for getting a little better.
Off to scavenge for food!
No comments:
Post a Comment