Okay, so it's been about a week. I have to get used to this blogging thing and make a little bit of time for it each day. This week has been a bit of a struggle. I did pretty well during the week logging my food (I use sparks people), but once the weekend hit I was done for. I think that the rehearsal dinner/ wedding/ family in town combo was a bit much. I really struggle with "Special Occasions".
Why is that? What is it about someone else's wedding or having family members in town that makes me eat like there is no tomorrow? Food has always been a big part of our family celebrations. Your birthday? You get to pick a special dinner. Well, my birthday is coming up and I've already decided that I will be picking healthier versions of my favorites. So homemade taco salad (no shell) with light Western dressing and angel food cake for dessert.
I can't undo this last weekend, though I do wish I could. I had plates full of heavy food at the rehearsal and wedding, though I did skip the cake. But skipping out makes me feel deprived and like I'm drawing attention to myself. One of my goals is to work on portions control. I would like to take that piece of cake and have a few bites, then set it aside! The wedding party, which my husband S was a part of, consisted of quite a few skinny girls. Every one of them was "full" and pushed aside her plate before it was close to being finished. Ahhhh, if I can achieve that level of self-control I will be very happy!
The other thing I struggle with is eating out. Whenever my inlaws come to town we eat out at least 1 meal. I love eating out, so I really appreciate that they do this, but it is really a struggle for me to eat "healthy" when we are out. I guess it feels like one of those special occasions and I should splurge. I know that I have to change this way of thinking. There are most likely plenty of things on the menus that I could eat with out going overboard and I'm sure I would like them just as much as my usual favorites. I need to start creating new favorites!
I did manage to get in 1 workout. Not the 3 I was planning on, but at least it was something. This is something I frequently do- plan on working out, then let any little thing come in the way of hitting up the gym. I am the only one who can changes this and all it will take is a little bit of self-discipline. Baby steps me, baby steps.
Next up- Goals. Some large, some small, but LOTS of goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment